Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden, in a facebook post on Tuesday evening, emphatically called upon Governor Phil Murphy to allow County officials to open the parks in their jurisdictions throughout New Jersey.
“The Governor’s order on parks and golf closures should not have been a blanket order as counties and regions are very much different throughout our state , and easing restrictions should be managed regionally if not a county by county approach,” said the sheriff who also serves as Chairman of the Monmouth County Republican Committee.
“In Monmouth we are fortunate to have some of the most expansive and beautiful open spaces and more importantly residents that are more than capable of adhering to safety recommendations while enjoying physical and mental exercise.
“Open the Parks now and let’s play some golf. “
Posted: April 29th, 2020 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: COVID-19, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Park System, Monmouth County Sheriff's Office, New Jersey, Phil Murphy, Shaun Golden | Tags: COVID-19, Governor Phil Murphy, Monmouth County News, Monmouth County Parks, Sheriff Shaun Golden | 4 Comments »
More from my site
- Watch the Second Democratic Gubernatorial Debate
- Arnone Report, May 4, 2020: Parks, Beaches, Safety and $108M federal money
- Arnone Thanks Voters
- Sheriff Golden, Freeholders, Call On Trenton To Stop Ripping Off 9-1-1 Fees
- Golden slams Murphy Administration, media, over prisoner release
- Watch the NJ Gubernatorial Debates Live
- John Kaye: Vin Gopal and the Monmouth Democrats will “beat us over the head” if Golden is Chairman
- Golden, Arnone and DiMaso Annnounce Re-election Bid
- Tom Arnone will be Monmouth County Freeholder Director
- Monmouth County authorities launch countywide special needs registry, first in the state