President Donald Trump’s new guidelines for reopening states as the coronavirus pandemic recedes leaves the decision to lift restrictions solely up to the governors, and Phil Murphy says he’s in no rush to do so in New Jersey.
Trump outlined the federal guidance Wednesday during a conference call with governors and then at his daily White House coronavirus press conference later that day.
“The curve has flattened and the peak in new cases is behind us,” Trump said. “We’re opening up our country. America wants to be open, and Americans want to be open. A national shutdown is not a sustainable longte…
Posted: April 16th, 2020 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: COVID-19 | Tags: COVID-19, Governor Phil Murphy, New Jersey, President Donald Trump | Comments Off on Trump letting Murphy decide when to reopen N.J.
More from my site
- Next Up: Major Contact-Tracing Program to Keep the Virus in Check?
- Trump says he’ll ‘suspend immigration’ because of coronavirus, offers no details
- Trump announces FDA authorization of COVID-19 treatment
- Protesters return to Trenton to demand Murphy reopen N.J.
- Trump tests positive for coronavirus, upending campaign schedule
- N.J. coronavirus deaths surge to 3,840 with 78,467 total cases now confirmed. Officials report 323 new deaths, 3,250 new positive tests.
- Explainer: COVID-19 Testing, Testing, One, Two, Three…
- Trump addresses mayors, signs Securing American Nonprofit Organizations Against Terrorism Act of 2019
- Murphy: If you don’t like his rules ‘go down to Georgia and see how that feels’
- Murphy’s Re-Entry Plan for NJ Businesses and Public Spaces Lacks Timeline, Specifics