New Jersey has now seen at least 78,467 confirmed coronaviruscases and 3,840 deaths related to COVID-19, with state officials Friday announcing 3,250 new positive tests and 323 new fatalities in the last 24 hours.
Gov. Phil Murphy revealed the latest numbers during his daily coronavirus press briefing in Trenton.
As of 10 p.m. Thursday, 11,011 Garden State residents with the virus or under investigation for it remained hospitalized, Murphy said. Of those, 1,961 were in critical care and 1,594 on ventilators.
Between 10 p.m. Wednesday and 10 p.m. Thursday, 787 residents with he virus or under inve…
Posted: April 17th, 2020 | Author: admin | Filed under: COVID-19, New Jersey | Tags: COVID-19, New Jersey | Comments Off on N.J. coronavirus deaths surge to 3,840 with 78,467 total cases now confirmed. Officials report 323 new deaths, 3,250 new positive tests.
More from my site
- Next Up: Major Contact-Tracing Program to Keep the Virus in Check?
- N.J. coronavirus deaths increase to 5,938 with 109,038 cases statewide. 3,730 new positive tests confirmed.
- New Jersey coronavirus death toll now at 1,232. Total cases rise to 44,416 with 3K new positive tests.
- Explainer: COVID-19 Testing, Testing, One, Two, Three…
- NJ COVID-19 Numbers: 22,255 cases, 355 deaths
- Coronavirus patients at N.J. hospitals down by half since peak with steady declines of 1,000 a week
- Protesters return to Trenton to demand Murphy reopen N.J.
- Trump letting Murphy decide when to reopen N.J.
- N.J. now has 54,588 coronavirus cases with 1,932 deaths. Officials report 3,627 new cases and 233 new fatalities.
- Murphy says he’ll ‘‘pull back” N.J. beaches if coronavirus cases start to spike. ‘We’ll have no choice.’