Trump-haters need to understand something… Growing up in New Jersey, I remember what New York City was like in the 70s and 80s. Rudy Giuliani went in there and cleaned it up and made it safe for everyone. Rudy was a brilliant politician, though I think when he was mayor he was on his third wife. But I didn’t support Giuliani for my father, I supported him for mayor because he got the job done.
It’s the same thing with Donald Trump. I don’t know what happened with Stormy Daniels, though I find it interesting that she’s now on a comeback tour while her lawyer talks of running for president. Attention hounds, anyone? But I didn’t vote for Trump to be my father, spouse or to date my daughters. I voted for him to, well, to borrow a phrase, “to fundamentally change back America!”
Trump hasn’t broken a single campaign law or a law in the White House. They have nothing on him. Democrats planted the Russian seeds by paying for the dossier, which was fake to begin with. They used it to launch this investigation, which is an open-ended investigation so they can look at everyone who’s ever been associated with him to try to embarrass him. So last week people who once worked for him are going to go to jail for tax evasion a decade ago, before Trump was in politics. It’s absolutely absurd.
The fact is, the guy has accomplished more in less than 2 years than any president in my lifetime and certainly in the last 100 years. Just a small sample:
– North Korea returning 60 year-old remains and halting the testing of nukes and missiles.
– For only the third time in American history, GDP percentage (4.1% for 2018 Q2) was higher than unemployment percentage (3.9%).
– UN and NATO paying more of their tab.
– Germany and China giving back on trade deficits.
– Black Business Ownership Under Trump JUMPS 400 PERCENT in ONE YEAR
– Youth Unemployment Hits 52 Year Low
– Black and Hispanic unemployment at record low.
– Worker pay rate hits highest level since 2008
– Ended $230 million rebuilding payments to Syria, a sponsor of terrorism.
– Secured release of American prisoners from North Korea.
– Significant drop of food stamp usage including a one-month drop of half a million people.
– Cracked down on human trafficking with arrests way up.
– Apple has announced a $350 billion training program, citing Trump’s tax cuts as the funding source.
– Over 100 companies gave bonuses measuring in the thousands following the tax cuts, putting more money in consumer’s pockets.
– A return of American manufacturing as U.S. manufacturing index at a 33-year high.
– Cut hundreds of regulations passed in 2016 that have saved hundreds of billions of dollars.
– Repealed the ridiculous Paris Accords, which punished America while 95% of the ocean’s pollution comes from Asia and Africa.
– He has donated all of his salary as POTUS to charity.
– Cut the White House staffing and FLOTUS staffing, saving taxpayers millions.
This week he’s expected to announce a new, renegotiated NAFTA deal with Mexico which will, no doubt, be MUCH better for America than Bill Clinton’s NAFTA deal. Really, he’s been America’s best president in my lifetime and one of the best ever.
Joe Schilp is a teacher, writer, video director and audio/video specialist.