Middletown Democrats who are examining their sample ballots in preparation of voting in the primary on Tuesday, June 6 will notice that only one candidate, William E. Hutton, is on the ballot for two seats on the Township Committee. This has led to a flurry of activity of potential candidates trying to get the twenty-six write-in votes necessary to qualify to be on the ballot in November.
As good a job as Republicans Deputy Mayor Stephanie Murray and Committeeman Tony Fiore are doing for the people of Middletown, it is just un-American to let Murray or Fiore go unchallenged for another term.
For over 10 years, Michael Morris, aka Middletown Mike, has been preaching that “Truth, Justice and the American Way is possible all at once here in Middletown, the Bayshore and the great State of New Jersey.
Few people are as engaged in their community like Mike is. If he does not attend a Township Committee meeting, even when he does, he posts videos of the meeting on his Middletown Mike blog, one of the most prominent Democrat blogs in New Jersey.
Mike is a good family man. He’s a Giants fan, Mets fan and a Star Wars fan. He loves taking selfies with his wife when they are are vacation and he is even a member of the Cory Booker selfie club.
If the Middletown Democrats don’t make a serious effort this year to unseat Murray and Fiore, the fiscally conservative Republicans might not advertise here on MMM for the first time in seven years. We can’t have that.
So, please Middletown Democrats, for the good of the Republic and Truth Justice and the American Way all at once here in Middletown and the Bayshore and the great state of New Jersey, please write-in Michael Morris for Middletown Township Committee before you leaving the voting machine on Tuesday.
Writing in a candidate is easy and only takes a few more seconds of your time. Here is how you do it:
HOW TO CAST A WRITE-IN VOTE
1) Go to the Personal Choice column, on the right side of the ballot and Press the square in the “Write-In” box located at the end of the TOWNSHIP COMMITTEE row that has “No Nomination Made”
2) A blinking ˜X” will appear next to the write-in square. Use the keyboard to type the full name of the candidate you want to vote for, one letter at a time. Type in “Michael Morris”
To make a space between the first and last name: Use the arrow pointing to the right on the keyboard.
To make a correction: Use the arrow pointing to the left
The name, “Michael Morris” will appear in the display to the left of the keyboard.
3) When you have entered the whole name, press the GREEN ENTER BUTTON on the keyboard and your selection will be recorded.
4) DO NOT press the “CAST VOTE” until your choices are complete.
5) When you are finished voting for all candidates, press the RED “CAST VOTE” button.
6)These instructions are printed on your sample ballot, also. If you are still having problems, feel free to ask the poll workers at your voting location.