NEWARK — Before Valentine’s Day shoppers pick up that floral bouquet for their sweethearts, a small army of federal agents behind the scenes made sure that the gift was a beautiful gift of cut flowers, and nothing else. Particularly, no Tetranychus sp., Aphididae or Agromyzidae. In the vernacular, that’s mites, black so-called “leaf miner” flies and… Read the rest of this entry »Posted: February 11th, 2016 | Author: admin | Filed under: News | Tags: Agromyzidae, Aphididae, Columbia, Customs and Border Protection, Ecuador, Flowers, Tetrranychus, Valentine's Day | Comments Off on Why the feds are interested in the bugs in your Valentine’s flowers
By Greg Kelly
Friday, February 13
- Billy Ocean at Count Basie Theatre (Red Bank) – MORE INFO
- Women’s College Basketball: Monmouth U vs. Rider (WLB) – MORE INFO
- With This Ring at First Avenue Playhouse (Atlantic Highlands) – MORE INFO
- Disorderly Conduct Comedy at Spring Lake Community Theatre – MORE INFO
- Teen Night: Night of Improv at Algonquin Arts Theatre (Manasquan) – MORE INFO
- Boeing Boeing at Center Playhouse (Freehold) – MORE INFO
- Over the River and Through the Woods by South Street Players (Spring Lake) – MORE INFO
- “You Are What You Eat!” Art Exhibit (Belmar) – MORE INFO
- Member Miniatures: Big Art in Small Packages Exhibit (Lincroft) – MORE INFO
- Rabbit Hole by Monmouth Players (Atlantic Highlands) – MORE INFO
- Liam Lis in Concert (Freehold) – MORE INFO
- Let It Flow! (Atlantic Highlands) – MORE INFO
Valentine’s Day is this coming Saturday. Monday is Presidents Day. If you have not taken down your Christmas decorations, it’s time.
For couples who share Monmouth County Democratic Chairman Vin Gopal’s admiration for Essex County, Newark is offering vacant lots for $1000. Couples (of any gender mix) can show up at City Hall on Saturday from 9am to noon with $500 to secure their plot. The other $500 is due at closing. The catch? The couples have to build a home on the property and live in it for five years.
Ladies, you don’t have to get your guy a present. You are a gift. But if you want to, a new HD TV is acceptable. Head over to Airport Plaza in Hazlet and visit IEI for the best selection and pricing. Guys, don’t even think about getting your love a TV for Valentine’s Day.
At the very least, guys, you must get you lover flowers and/or chocolate. Good news! You can buy those right now from MMM advertisers InTheGarden in Highlands for flowers and Suzi’s Sweet Shoppe in Middletown for chocolate.Art Gallagher | Filed under: Monmouth County | Tags: Airport Plaza, Freehold, Hazlet, Highlands, IEI, Interstate Electronics Inc, InTheGarden, IntheGardenNJ, Middletown, Newark, Presidents Day, Suzi's Sweet Shoppe, Valentine's Day, Vin Gopal | 2 Comments »
In the Garden, a floral and plant studio founded by former Highlands Councilwoman Nancy Burton in 2005, took on five feet of water during the Superstorm Sandy surge. Burton and her new partners, Jenna Morris and Eileen Ricco are re-opening their restored shop at 69 Waterwitch Ave, Highlands today for the Valentine’s Day rush.
Don’t forget your sweetheart today and don’t buy him or her a stuffed animal. Call Nancy, Jenna and Eileen at 732-291-0311 or visit their website to have your gift delivered or ready for pick up.
They deliver from Highlands south as far as Asbury Park and west as far as Colts Neck.Posted: February 13th, 2013 | Author: Art Gallagher | Filed under: Highlands, Hurricane Sandy | Tags: Eileen Ricco, Highlands, Hurricane Sandy, In the Garden, IntheGardenNJ, Jenna Morris, Nancy Burton, Valentine's Day | Comments Off on Highlands Florist Re-Opens For Valentine’s Day