fbpx

FBI Raids Office Of Menendez Donor Who Allegedly Flew Senator To Dominican Republic On Private Jet For Sex Parties With Underage Girls

Maybe Now New Jersey’s Mainstream Media Will Report The Story

BobMenendez111610Late last night the FBI raided the office of the West Palm Beach eye doctor who allegedly provided New Jersey’s junior U.S. Senator Bob Menedez with free travel to the Dominican Republic on his private jet where the men engaged in sex parties with prostitutes and underage girls, according to reports in The Miami Herald and FoxNews.

FBI agents late Tuesday night raided the West Palm Beach business of an eye doctor suspected of providing free trips and even underage Dominican Republic prostitutes to U.S. Sen. Bob Menendez, D-N.J. — who has denied what he calls the “fallacious allegations.”

Agents gathered at the medical-office complex of Dr. Salomon Melgen, a contributor to Menendez and other prominent politicians, to start hauling away potential evidence in several vans.

The investigation is believed to be focusing on Melgen’s finances and the allegations about Menendez’s trips and contact with prostitutes. A spokesman for Menendez could not be reached for comment, nor could Melgen.

Menendez’s appointment as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee became official just hours before the raid when former Senator John Kerry, the previous chairman, was confirmed by the Senate as U.S. Secretary of State.

Yesterday afternoon Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid dismissed the allegations against Menendez because the story was first reported by the conservative website, The Daily Caller. “I always consider the source,” Reid told Roll Call.  Maybe Reid will take these allegations more seriously now, since The Miami Herald endorsed President Obama over Mitt Romney in last year’s presidential election.

Since The Daily Caller broke the story of Menendez’s activity with prostitutes in the Dominican Republic at Melgen’s largess last October, just days before the election where the Senator won his second full term, New Jersey’s mainstream media outlets have not covered the story. One prominent reporter told MMM that the story had been shopped to a prominent New Jersey newspaper prior to the initial Daily Caller report.  The paper’s editors considered the story too thin both before and after Daily Caller reported it.  Another prominent reporter said “no body cares and we’re too busy.”

Posted: January 30th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Bob Menendez | Tags: , , , , , , , | 8 Comments »

Carol Mazzola Loves Chris Chrisite

Monmouth County’s newest Demcratic office holder, Marlboro Councilwoman Carol Mazzola, is not ready to join Mayor Jon Hormik on the Barbara Buono for Governor bandwagon.

“I don’t know anything about her, ” Mazzola said in a phone interview, echoing the sentiments of 82% of New Jersey voters polled by Quinnipiac.

“I love Chris Christie!’ Mazzola exclaimed when asked what she thought about the Governor.  But she stopped short of endorsing the New Jersey head of her former party. “Ask me in the fall when its time to make a decision.”

Mazzola was elected to the Marlboro Township Committee as a Republican in 2009.  She announced earlier this month that she will run for reelection as a Democrat on Hornik’s team.

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: 2013 Gubernatorial Politics, Barbara Buono, Chris Christie, Jon Hornik, Marlboro | Tags: , , , , , | 4 Comments »

Georgetown University Hosting Anti-Human Trafficking Symposium

Academy Award winning actress Mira Sorvino and John Morton, the Director of the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) will be among the keynote speakers at an Anti-Human Trafficking Symposium held at Georgetown University in Washington, DC.

MMM is promoting the symposium and embedding the livestream video in the hopes that Senator Bob Menendez will either watch or stop by the hilltop.

Live stream videos at Ustream

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Bob Menendez, Human Trafficing | Tags: , , , , , | Comments Off on Georgetown University Hosting Anti-Human Trafficking Symposium

The Director’s Corner

By Thomas A. Arnone

Arnone_2.jpg_11-12[1]January is closing in and February is fast upon us. Good news for the survivors of Hurricane Sandy in New Jersey.  You now have until March 1, 2013, to register for disaster assistance through the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Monmouth County residents as well as all residents in New Jersey can register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or via smart phone or tablet at m.fema.gov. Registration is also available by calling 800-621-3362. The toll free telephone numbers operate from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. seven days a week. The deadline was extended one month at the request of the State of New Jersey. Through Wednesday, January 23rd, more than 57,500 storm survivors have been approved for help through FEMA’s Individual Assistance program in New Jersey. FEMA disaster assistance for individuals and families can include money for rental assistance, essential home repairs, personal property and other serious disaster-related needs not covered by insurance. Additionally, the Small Business Association has also set March 1st as the date for homeowners, renters and business owners to complete and return SBA disaster loan applications. Visit www.sba.gov for more information. SBA’s Disaster Assistance Program provides long term, low interest loans to homeowners, renters and businesses of all sizes.

Read the rest of this entry »

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Monmouth County, Monmouth County Board of Freeholders, The Director's Corner, Tom Arnone | 1 Comment »

Republican Governors Association Statement of New Jersey Governor’s Race

Republican Governors Association communications director Mike Schrimpf issued the following statement on the New Jersey governor’s race following the Democratic Governors Association embrace of state senator Barbara Buono’s candidacy earlier today:

“After failing to recruit their first, second, third or fourth choice candidates into the campaign for governor, Democrats have finally settled on state senator Barbara Buono.

Given the tremendous leadership Governor Christie has displayed in closing an $11 billion budget deficit without raising taxes, capping property taxes, and enacting pension and education reforms, the Democrats’ inability to recruit one of their preferred candidates into the race is not surprising. That said, we look forward to contrasting Governor Christie’s record of reform with Senator Buono’s record of higher taxes, increased spending and deeper debt.

While we commend Senator Buono for running, we are confident voters will want to continue the progress New Jersey has made since he took office.”

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: 2013 Gubernatorial Politics, Barbara Buono, Chris Christie, Press Release | Tags: , , , , , , | 3 Comments »

Vermont Governor Endorses Buono

Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin, Chairman of the Democratic Governors Association, issued the following statement about State Senator Barbara Buono, the presumptive Democratic nominee for New Jersey Governor:

“Barbara Buono understands the challenges facing New Jersey’s middle-class families because she’s lived through them. That’s why she’s spent her entire career fighting to create jobs, improve education, expand access to quality health care, and balance budgets. Unfortunately, Governor Christie has failed to deliver on his promise to turn the state around. He’s blown a hole in the budget while New Jersey ranks near the bottom of the nation in unemployment, foreclosures, property taxes, and business climate. New Jersey needs a governor focused on creating jobs and expanding opportunity for New Jersey’s working families and that’s exactly the kind of governor Barbara Buono will be.”

Vermont has a smaller population than Monmouth County.

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: 2013 Gubernatorial Politics, Barbara Buono | Tags: , , , , | Comments Off on Vermont Governor Endorses Buono

Hornik Jumps on Buono Bandwagon

Marlboro Mayor Jon Hornik joined the growing list of New Jersey Democrats in lining up behind State Senator Barbara Buono as the party’s nominee to take on Governor Chris Christie this fall.

In a statement released to MoreMonmouthMusings, Honik said that Buono is ready to lead for New Jersey’s middle class and that she is the best candidate to get our economy moving and creating jobs.

“Senator Buono understands the principle challenge facing New Jersey is a need for good-paying jobs. It’s a failure of the Governor when nearly one of every 10 New Jerseyans is out of work.

“There is no comeback when one in 10 is left behind. I know Senator Buono is prepared to make job creation her first priority.

“Senator Buono and I also share the same concern for protecting all of our residents, but in particular our children from gun violence. I applaud her call for a special session of the Legislature to pass common-sense gun safety laws.”

 

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: 2013 Gubernatorial Politics, Jon Hornik, Monmouth Democrats | Tags: , , , | 4 Comments »

Menendez not denying allegations of pay to play with Dominican children

News of the allegations that U.S. Senator Bob Menendez sexually exploited Dominican teen aged girls during his trips to the DR on a campaign contibutor’s private jet slipped into New Jersey main stream media coverage last weekend when Bob Ingle blogged about the sentor’s spokesperson telling FoxNews that the allegations were “unsubstantiated garbage.”

Yesterday, Brietbart caught up with Menendez who said he would not dignify the story.  Click here to listen to Mendendez refusing to dignify.

“Unsubstantiated garbage” and “I’m not going to dignify that” are not denials.   I can not imagine a dignified substantiation.

New Jersey State Senator Sam Thompson, in his capacity as Chairman on the Middlesex GOP, wrote to the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Ethics last November asking that they investigate Menendez’s accepting illegal travel for his DR sexcapades.  Thompson tells MMM that he has not heard from the committee.

It would seem that Mendenez, who officially becomes Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee upon John Kerry’s confirmation as Secretary of State, is getting a pass from the Select Committee on Ethics.  The FBI won’t confirm or deny that they are investigating him.

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Bob Menendez | Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Menendez not denying allegations of pay to play with Dominican children

BECK, ANGELINI AND CASAGRANDE TO SEEK RE-ELECTION

NJ’s first all female ticket announces 2013 run

Senator Jennifer Beck, Assemblywoman Mary Pat Angelini and Assemblywoman Caroline Casagrande announced their bids for re-election to the New Jersey legislature. The three legislators represent the 11th Legislative District in Monmouth County.

“I am very proud and excited to start another campaign season,” said Beck, who was first elected to the Assembly in 2005 and moved to the Senate in 2007. “We have an incredible ticket and I am honored to serve with these women. In the past two years New Jersey has seen some amazing and historic reforms, but our job is not done. I hope the voters in the 11th District will choose to send us back to Trenton in 2014 to continue what we started.”

Beck, Angelini and Casagrande were first elected as a ticket to the 11th District in 2011. Beck, a former Red Bank Councilwoman, currently sits on the Senate Budget Committee, Casagrande, an attorney, sits on the Assembly Appropriations Committee. Angelini, the Executive Director of Prevention First, serves as the Deputy Conference Leader and sits on the Health and Senior Services Committee.

“Under the direction of Governor Chris Christie we have made great progress in reducing the cost of government which has made our state increasingly unaffordable,” Angelini said.  “I look forward to going back to Trenton to continue fighting to improve our economy, reduce spending and cut taxes”

“All three of us have had a tremendous four years following Governor Christie’s leadership and delivering results to the people of Monmouth County. But our work is far from over,” explained Casagrande. “I am proud to declare my candidacy for re-election to the 11th District Assembly. It is my hope that the people will honor me with the opportunity to keep moving New Jersey forward.”

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Caroline Casagrande, Jennifer Beck, Mary Pat Angenlini, Monmouth County, NJ State Legislature | Tags: , , , , | 4 Comments »

A Gift To Those Attending the NJ Chamber of Commerce “Walk To Washington”

Sorry, I can't do this

Posted: January 29th, 2013 | Author: | Filed under: Business | Tags: , | 1 Comment »