As New Jersey continues under a state of emergency due to the coronavirus, please know that my district office remains available to serve constituents by phone and email. Included below are links to information that you may find helpful, along with important state and national news updates related to COVID-19.
Important State News:
- New Jersey reported 2,196 new cases of COVID-19 yesterday, bringing the state total to 18,696 cases. There have been 267 deaths since the start of the coronavirus crisis, including 69 fatalities reported yesterday.
- State Tax Filing Deadline Extended: The tax filing deadline for individual income taxes and corporate business taxes has been moved from April 15th to July 15th.
- State Fiscal Year Extended: The governor and legislative leaders announced that the State fiscal year, which normally ends on June 30th, will be extended to September 30th to allow for a well-informed budget process.
- Keeping Workers on Payroll: The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJDOL) is urging employers to keep employees on the payroll throughout the COVID-19 pandemic and to take advantage of a 100%, dollar for dollar, payroll tax credit provided under by the federal stimulus package that immediately and fully reimburses most employers for the amount spent on emergency leave.
- Help for Small Businesses: The NJEDA will launch the application for its Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program on Friday, April 3, 2020 at 9:00 am. A link to the grant program application will be posted on the State’s COVID-19 Business Information Hub.
- No Water Shutoffs: All public and private water utilities in New Jersey have agreed to suspend shut-offs for nonpayment during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Federal Support for NJ: New Jersey received 260,000 pieces of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers and 300 ventilators from the National Strategic Stockpile yesterday.
- Volunteers: The State continues to look for qualified health, mental health, and related professionals to bolster our medical ranks. As of yesterday, 4,764 volunteers have come forward. Sign up here.
- Donations: If you or your organization have personal protective equipment or medical equipment that healthcare workers can use, visit this website to fill out the donation form.
- Gov. Murphy will deliver a coronavirus briefing at 1 p.m. in Trenton. Click here to watch the livestream.
- The latest data on coronavirus infections in New Jersey are available on the New Jersey COVID-19 Dashboard.
- New Jersey’s COVID-19 Information Hub includes valuable resources and information for families, workers, and employers who have questions or needs arising from the current crisis.
- Information for workers impacted by sickness, loss of employment, or reduction in hours.
- Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Need work? Visit the State’s Jobs and Hiring Portal to connect with employers hiring today.
Questions or need assistance? Email my legislative office at [email protected].